There are certain tips to follow for wearing, and properly taking care of, your retainers.
- Your retainers should be in one of two places at all times; either in your mouth or in their case.
- Take your retainers off while eating.
- Maintain good oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing to eliminate plaque and prevent tooth decay. Wearing retainers does not mean that basic oral hygiene can be ignored.
- Retainers are fragile and can melt or get damaged very easily. Keep them safely in their case and away from hot places.
- Retainers are highly appealing to pets since they are both chewable and they have your scent so keep them in a safe place away from where your pets can find them.
- Your speech might be affected when you wear your retainers. You can get used to wearing a retainer by practicing speech using words with the letters f, v, s in them such as "every, fine, Mississippi, sixty six, seventy seven."
- Don't swim while wearing retainers. Take them off before going into the water.
- Do not try to adjust your retainer since you might end up causing damage.
- In case of loss or damage, make an appointment with us without delay since your teeth can shift in a short amount of time.